Monday 23 February 2015

A Fun Day at the Pools


On Wednesday 19th February we had a whole school trip. We were leaving Tamaki Primary for most of the day and we were going to the Panmure Lagoon!. The whole school was excited so was I. The Theme of the day was to have FUN!!.

The year 7s grabbed their bags and then went to room 5 to get a buddy for the day to look after. We (us year 8s) on the other hand are sitting and waiting for our buddies to arrive. When they do arrive because our door is open their teacher straight away gives her student their buddy. Unfortunately I didn’t get a buddy but in my head I was thinking about the fact that I won't have to worry about losing Mrs Barlow's babies. I got ready for to get on the bus by getting my bag as everyone did then sitting and waiting for Miss Aireen to give us the instruction to line up and to walk to the bus. After about 1 minute she gave the instructions to line up and get on the bus, so we did, with a bit nose.

Keen and eager to smiw, I get out of the bus and jump into the line we were meant to be in. We walked as a class to the entrance of the pool building. We are in the pool building now. I see the how deep pools are, memories start flashing into my head of the times I couldn’t touch the bottom of the pool I’m looking at. I get changed quickly and then meet the teachers that are about to give instructions, I sit down and wait for the others to finish changing so that the teachers can give the rules and intrusion for the duathlon, as soon as everyone was finished one of the teachers calls, Brandon, Brodie, Cypress, Salmon, and me to go to a teacher to lift things into the pool building. When we got to her she giggled and said “so these are my muscle” I smiled back. We went to her car and grab some food, playing equipment and some other boxes. The playing equipment was surprising heavy to lift but It wasn’t such a problem for me. We went and dropped the boxes and bags off and then sat back down with the whole school.

Standing nervously waiting to see the results of my team. “you 10”  the last person was picked for my team. My team turned out to be people who I hardly talk to and see around the school. “go 10!” shouted Mr Minton to us we got up and raced to the pool we walked in, and walked through the whole length of the pool because we needed to stay as a team. We got out of the pools without a struggle, we ran towards the gate that lead to the panmure basin, we ran 1km then 1km back. We made it back to the gates and I was feeling proud of my team because none of them just ran off because we were as slow as walking speed, we all stayed as a team and made it to the end together.

Jose’ was helping me feel positive by talking about funny movies and teaching me about agents and stuff like that. The reason why I needed to stay positive because I was burning like a human would under the sun and wanted to just swim like a shiny goldfish but I had to wait. Mrs Fepuleai gives where we have to swim and then lets us have fun. I ran into the pools, jumping making sure I touch the ground but still above water level. Several minutes later I became cold and I didn’t swim after that I was doing the opposite I was enjoying the sun, what everyone was complaining about.

Szz, I was close to where they were cooking the sausages, I was hungry. The juniors eat there sausage first then us.

“What a long day” was the thought in my head, I was , tired and lazy I wanted to go to sleep but I couldn’t, Because we were at school now. We did a simi pack up (because I was already clean) then waited for the bell and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment