Friday 25 October 2013

Athletics Day 2013



Hi my name is Tanisslous. I like racing and today is Athletics in Tamaki Primary. Its a day when all kids from Tamaki Primary go against each other by racing. Why I like Racing?, Its because I'm good at it and it fun. There are 4 different teams all at primary colours meaning    Tripoli (Blue), Alamein (Yellow), Tobruk (Red) and Benghazi (Green). I am in Tobruk.

When it comes to the 11 years old race i jump up in excitement, excitement runs through my blood as I walk towards the racing tracks. Then I wait for my turn. Time ticking, then it was time I walk towards the starting line hoping and praying to win but I forget that we are only racing for fun and also to win the shield. But when I look at who i'm going to competing against then it hits me, Kini! Kini is a year 7 but hes 11 i'm only year 6. Kini was faster than me, last year I didn't get to race him because he was absent on Athletics Day.

After a while he kept beating me I think to myself then I realize that it doesn't matter because hes older, faster and plus we did it for fun and I already beat him on the long distance race.

Kini is faster than me and he always will be. Miss hansell said the final total points. Tripoli took the shield and 2013 winners, Alamein was 2nd, Tobruk was 3rd and last but not least was Benghazi coming in with 4th place.

Kini is a good friend of my.
Winning doesn't matter when it comes to friends.

Athletics was a great day and a special thanks to Mr Minton and to Miss Aireen.

No comments:

Post a Comment